Congratulations on successfully creating a Janio Merchant Account for your business! Let's now see how you can ship your Shopify orders with Janio easily!
Before Shipping Orders with Janio (one-time configuration)
Before you can start shipping your online orders with Janio, it is advisable to do the following configurations in your Janio merchant account:
1. Manage Pickup points: Pickup points are addresses from where the Janio first mile team will pick up the orders. This can be your office address or any other location where your orders will be ready to be picked up. You can add pickup points as shown in the screenshot below (note the highlighted red boxes):
2. Configure Default Values: In order to save time while shipping individual orders with Janio, we advise you to provide the default settings as per your business requirements under this option, as shown in the screenshot below:
Each Default Value set consists of:
- Title: a name for you to remember this particular set of values
- Pickup Country: Country from where your orders will be shipped (source country)
- Service: Your most frequently used Service Lane (e.g. Singapore to Singapore)
- Shop: Your most commonly used Pickup Address in the selected pickup country
- Order Length: The default length of the packaging used by you
- Order Height: The default height of the packaging used by you
- Order Width: The default width of the packaging used by you
- Order Weight: The default weight of the packaging used by you (once you complete the packaging with your products inside)
- Item Category: The category of your products (e.g. Fashion Apparel/Electronics etc.)
Below is a screenshot showing one set of default values selected (this set of values has been named as 'Orders from Singapore' as an example):
Note that you can create multiple Default Values for a different type of orders/shipments.
Go to 'Submit Single Order' on the left-hand side navigation:
Select Order Default Values.
In case you created a set of default values earlier in your merchant account, you should see the name here:
On select a particular set of default order values, you will see that some of the details get auto-filled (e.g. Pickup Country, Destination Country, Pickup Address etc.), as shown below:
Confirm that all the details on the Sender Details tab are correct. You can change anything as per your requirements. Once completed, click on 'Save and Continue'.
Fill out the Recipient Details for this particular order/shipment:
Click on 'Save and Continue'.
Fill out the order details, including the details about each of the items included in this particular order. Note that the Item Category field will be auto-populated if you had configured a default value earlier. Note that a correct value for description and item price is essential, especially for cross border orders/shipments (for customs clearance purposes).
In case of more than one items in this order, click on 'Add Item' and fill out the respective details.
Once completed, click on 'Save and Continue'.
In this final step of order/shipment creation, confirm the package dimensions and weight (this gets auto-populated if you had set default values for your orders):
Note that DDP means 'Delivery Duties Paid', and DDU means 'Delivery Duties Unpaid'. In case you select DDP, Janio will pay the applicable duties and taxes as per the destination countries customs requirements and bill it to you. In case you select DDU, the applicable duties will have to be paid directly by your customer (recipient) to the destination country's customs office before the parcel could be delivered.
Once you have filled all the details, click on 'Submit'. In general, it takes between 5 to 10 seconds for this to submit the shipment details to Janio system. Once completed, you will see the following confirmation:
You can now click on 'Go to manage orders' to go back to the list of orders and generate the tracking labels etc.
Are you facing problems? Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help!